Passion for technology
I enjoy automating testing processes as well as manual exploration of different applications. I also have a lot of knowledge about frameworks like Selenium and TestNG.
I can quickly adapt to new environments and thrive in challenging situations. I bring a positive attitude with me wherever I go and I want to help others with any and all challenges.
QA Automation EngineerOct, 2017 — Present
I am a Quality Assurance Automation engineer, currently working on front-end and back-end testing for a worldwide payment solutions provider.
- Developed new and transitioned old component and component integration tests for back-end systems using Java and TestNG
- Developed new features for the back-end testing framework alongside the software engineering team
- Examined back-end systems, such as SQL databases or ActiveMQ brokers and queues, for performance issues, vulnerabilities, and defects
- Developed automated tests for front-end user interface using Selenium and Cucumber
- Acted as Scrum Master for a team of developers and QA automation engineers, while having constant interaction with the product owner, as well as the stakeholders from Endava and the client
- Organized testing efforts for improved visibility and refined existing documentation
- Took the lead on onboarding new joiners and getting them up to speed with procedures, requirements, and tools
QA EngineerSep, 2016 — Oct, 2017
I was a Quality Assurance engineer, responsible for testing and analyzing various internal intiatives.
- Performed manual and automated testing for internal web application as well as financial analysis of different internal and third-party systems for the large bank
- Took ownership of the quality assurance process and translated requirements into test cases that were executed manually, at first, and then automatically through the Selenium framework using the Java language
- Conveyed test results and statistics into easy to comprehend information for stakeholders to increase confidence in the tool
- Acted as the Scrum Master for the team of developers, organizing the efforts using Agile principles and ensuring constant delivery and improvement
- Performed data analysis and reconciliation for other financial tools developed internally
Technical WriterSep, 2016 — Oct, 2017
I was a technical writer responsible for internal documentation and training author for different initiatives in the large bank.
- Wrote technical documentation for internal financial systems used by HSBC
- Acted as the bridge between users and the development teams inside HSBC to ensure that the functional and technical documents satisfy and exceed all standards and expectations
- Created and delivered training courses and knowledge workshops for colleagues both locally and throughout Europe on a variety of topics, such as technical and soft skills
- Organized existing documentation and resources found in tools like Confluence or JIRA
- Operated as local onboarding manager for all new joiners to ensure that they are up to speed and ready for deployment as soon as possible
Misys Financial Software
Associate Technical WriterNov, 2015 — Sep, 2016
I acted as a technical writer responsible for many different financial software products developed by Misys.
- Developed, wrote and maintained end-user, system administration, and developer documentation using tools like Adobe FrameMaker or Microsoft Word
- Maintained Online Help portals, while creating new tutorials and release notes using tools like Adobe RoboHelp
- Interacted with different teams across Misys to ensure user needs are met and surpassed with all releases
- Improved the internal strategy of documentation development and came up with new strategic objectives for the department's development
- Ensured client satisfaction through continuous professional development by understanding the product functionality using interviews with matter experts and personal experience
Content WriterAug, 2010 — Oct, 2015
I worked as a news editor for Softpedia's Games section, covering everything that happened in interactive entertainment.
- Documented events in the gaming industry and wrote comprehensive articles about them, their impact, and their possible repercussions on the regular gamer
- Developed the quality standards of the articles written and published on SoftpediaPlayed, reviewed, and documented both important triple-A games but also titles developed by independent studios and teams
- Developed and improved the social media presence of Softpedia's Games division across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and many other networks
- Recorded, edited, and uploaded videos using Adobe Premiere, while optimizing, enhancing, and retouching photos and images with Adobe Photoshop
API Documentation with Swagger UI
Developer & Technical Writer2017
Documented a free API using the Swagger specification and Swagger UI template. Performed all necessary tweaks and writing. View it at this link.
Front End Developer
Earned the Front End Developer certification from freeCodeCamp. View my projects at this link.
Foundation Level Certified Tester
Successfully completed the Foundation Level Certified Tester examination organized by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB).
Spiru Haret University
Bachelor's (Licence) Degree2008 — 2011
Specialized and graudated in Sociology
Stefan Odobleja Theoretical High School
High School Degree2004 — 2008
Specialized and graduated in Mathematics and Computer Science